photo Header_zps09b643a0.png

Monday, May 6, 2013

DAY SIX: MAKING A SMALL DIFFERENCE

This #blogeverydayinMay challenge is not easy to keep up. Day six and it feels like a full time job to get a post out everyday of the week... Here is today's challenge:  If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?

What a loaded question, and one thats hard for me to answer even in an every day setting. But I will try to break it down in a few short sentences for you!

It's been almost 4 years since I went on my first wounded warrior getaway.  Its a weekend retreat for wounded soldiers and their families who are currently stationed at BAMC due to a physical or mental injury they suffered during the war. After serving as a volunteer at the retreat, I knew the Lord was calling me to find a way to serve military service members in a full time capacity. 
A little over a year ago now I was contacted to join an amazing team I work with today-- a small non-profit raising awareness and grants to support for our great nations service men and women. It's truly where I am supposed to be - making (even the smallest) difference in a life of someone who put their life at risk for mine. Making someone else smile and filling a heart with joy is a very humbling experience. 
I am thankful everyday for the job and roll I have been handed. Having a position that glorifies God, advances His Kingdom and makes someone else' life better is one I will always cherish and be grateful for forever!

 photo taken by the lane, wounded warrior retreat spring 2012

2 comments:

  1. What a rewarding job. That sounds like such an amazing experience. Beautiful story and description of your job. Thanks for sharing! You are doing such a great thing for them & their families :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britt- thank you so much for your sweet comment, i meant so much to me to read your kind words!

      Delete