photo Header_zps09b643a0.png

Thursday, July 25, 2013

BABES AND MONOGRAMS

 
it has started. seasons are changing. from wedding to baby season that is!
yes, its true. its time to move from bridal showers and bachelorette parties to baby showers, diapers and spit cloths? seems crazy,but here's to making the transition gracefully and in style!

recently a sweet friend of mine, whom i met at the sheridan french photo shoot two summers ago gave birth to a beautiful baby boy!!! the announcements were quite possibly the most darling birth announcement i ever did see- you will see what i mean when you click on that link!

i knew i wanted to send something to the beautiful mama... just a little treat that would make her smile and let her know i was thinking about her and her handsome new blessing. 
so i made a few personalized spit cloths- monogramed anything is ok in the south;)

heres what i did:
cloth diapers from target
vintage linen material from an estate sale for $3
lace trim from my (way too large) lace stash
and the monograms are thanks to my sister who is working here this summer!!
-->check out SewCuteInStitches on etsy... they do amazing custom work<--

these turned out better then i thought for not having a plan. 
which is why there is not step-by-step pictures series... i really just flew by the seat of my pants on this one... 
they may not be perfect, but they are made with love!

2 comments:

  1. I love these! What a great idea! I have my Grandmothers old sewing machine, but it's still at my parents. I need to bring it down. I've made quite a few baby blankets, but these spit cloths are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! these things are all the range in the south... personalized/monogrammed anything is game!!!

      Delete